Brain Ellison Racing Club GDPR
Brian Ellison Racing Club Terms & Conditions
- Brian Ellison Racing Club (“the Club”) is part of Brian Ellison Racing Limited (Registered as a Limited Company in England & Wales No.5329647).
- Membership is effective for a full period of 12 months from whatever date the Member joins, or the nominated date after payment has been received.
- To comply with Consumer Legislation, the buyer has the right to cancel their new Membership by returning their membership pack within 14 days of purchase and Brian Ellison Racing Club will refund their payment in full.
- Members will be sent a renewal reminder approximately 4 weeks before the expiry date. If the Member chooses not to renew the membership at the end of a 12 months’ period, the membership will expire. An email address must be supplied by the member on joining.
- There is no commitment to renew membership, but anyone wishing to do so after the first 12 month’s membership will receive a loyalty discount off their renewal fee.
- Membership is primarily for personal enjoyment and entertainment and is not an investment opportunity.
- Membership is for personal use only and cannot be utilised for commercial purposes.
- Members must be age 18 or over.
- Members will not be entitled to any Prize money won by the horses or any sales proceeds.
- Horses with the Club will remain the property of Brian Ellison Racing Limited and at no time will Members have any legal rights or financial interest in the horses.
- It is the Club’s intention to maintain no less than 5 horses in its string, which will consist of both Flat and National Hunt horses, but due to the unpredictable nature of the horse racing industry, no specific guarantees can be given; for example, horses will not run if injured or not performing to expectation on the gallops or on the track. Nor can it be guaranteed that the horses will complete their races or finish in the placings.
- Brian Ellison as trainer will make all decisions relating to the horses.
- Members will receive certain benefits as part of their membership package:
- to be part of the connections of horses running in the Club’s black and white diamond colours.
- to have the opportunity to follow every one of the horses owned by the Club
- to have access to the Members only area of the Brian Ellison Racing Club website
- to have access to a free information service on the chances of the Club’s runners
- to be invited to yard visits
- to apply for race day owners’ tickets
- will receive £50’s worth of free bets with 188BET
- members will receive discount offers from Rockliffe Hall Hotel
- members will be offered two free admission tickets from Arena Racecourse Company for any of the 16 ARC Racecourses
- Upon subscription to the Club, a welcome pack will be sent with a unique and personal Membership number and a Club pin, both of which are to be used for identification purposes and proof of membership. These must be carried/worn to any race meeting where the Club has runners, stables visits or any other events organised by the Club. Members must not pass on either of these to a third party and any member found in breach of this rule will have their membership revoked and no refund given.
- Copyright of all material published is the property of Brian Ellison Racing Club or Brian Ellison Racing Limited. Any photographs or other material submitted by Club members must be the members’ own work and the full copyright shall pass to the Club. This includes material on all social media sites.
- Members will be informed of Club entries and declarations and chances of the Club runners by a mobile text service. It is the Member’s responsibility to inform the Club of their mobile number and the Club will not in any circumstances be held responsible for any message that is not received. This information will also be available on the members only page of Brian Ellison Racing Club website.
- Any information received via the text service or website on the performance chances of the Club’s horses is strictly confidential and must not be passed on to any third party. Any member found in breach of this rule will have their membership revoked and no refund given.
- Members who accept invitations to enjoy yard visits, must abide by the stables (Spring Cottage Stables) rules. No smoking, alcohol or drugs are allowed on any part of the premises. Food and drink is not permitted in close proximity to the horses at any time. Any persons taking any medicinal drugs must be granted permission before touching the horses (this is due to cross contamination which could have a positive effect). No dogs are allowed (except guide dogs) and members must remember that all animals, including Racehorses, may bite or kick.
- Entry to the yard and to all racecourses is undertaken entirely at your own risk.
- Members can apply for an owners’ badge when a Brian Ellison Racing Club horse is running. If successful, Members are not allowed to enter the pre-parade ring area and only people that have been allocated an ‘owners’ badge’ will be given access into the parade ring and for that particular race only. In the event that the horse is not placed in the first four, it will return to the un-saddling enclosure for a post race analysis. Members are not allowed in this area, and feed back will be given on the Members page of the website, usually within 24 hours of the race. Persons entering any area of the racecourse on an unauthorised basis may be reported to the Stewards and this could result in a racecourse ban. Badges are not to be sold or transferred under any circumstances.
- Flash photography is not permitted whilst visiting the yard or at any racecourse.
- Members must abide by the relevant dress code of the racecourses which can vary between racecourses and enclosures, and members should check with the individual racecourse. Any member who fails to comply with any racecourse rule or acts in an inappropriate manner which could lead to embarrassment, or cause harassment, offence or distress to another person, or are warned due to the abuse of alcohol, may have their Membership revoked with immediate effect and no refund will be given. The decision of the Club Manager will be final and binding.
- Any person who has had their Membership revoked, has been banned from entering a racecourse and/or has been ‘warned off’ by the BHA, cannot be a member of Brian Ellison Racing Club.
- Belongings taken to stable visits or the races must not be left unattended. Vehicles and their contents are left entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Races and other events are subject to change or cancellation at short notice. Brian Ellison Racing Club shall not be held responsible for any event which is affected by weather or any other reason beyond its control.
- In order for Members to receive the £50’s worth of free bets given by 188BET, the Member must first sign up to an account at 188BET which will be subject to their terms and conditions.
- Offers that are available to Members from Rockliffe Hall Hotel are subject to the terms and conditions stated by Rockliffe Hall Hotel.
- Offers given by Arena Racecourse Company are subject to their terms and conditions.
- Any complaints or enquiries should be directed to the Club via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and not to the Brian Ellison Racing office. The Brian Ellison Racing office will not be able to answer any queries in relation to the Club and will not re-direct calls.
- Brian Ellison Racing Club reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Brian Ellison Racing Club and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Brian Ellison Racing Club. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Brian Ellison Racing Club takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.